အဂၤလိပ္ သခၤန္းစာ (၁)

on Friday, November 30, 2012

1=As usual; as always=== ခါတိုင္းလို။ အရင္တိုင္းပဲ
e.g.    1. Maung Maung is always later for class. Today also he is late as usual. He is late as always.
 2. I get up at six every morning. This morning also, I got up at six as usual.

2=As yet; so far; up to now===ယခုအခ်ိန္ထိ
 e.g.   1. I wrote to Tin Tun about a week ago. I have not received a reply from him as yet. I have not received a reply so far.
 2. I have waited for a chance to see the General Manager. As yet I have not had a chance. I have not had a chance up to now.

3= At all; absolutely; in any degree===လုံး၀
e.g.    1. She knows a little English; but she doesn’t know French at all. She doesn’t know French in any degree.
2. You have some money with you. I have no money at all. I have absolutely no money.

4= At first; originally===ေရွးဦးစြာ။ အစတုန္းက
e.g.    1. At first I found it difficult to learn English, but later it become easier. Originally it was quit difficult.
2. I did not like him at first, but later we become great friends.

5= At last; finally===ေနာက္ဆုံးေတာ့။ ေနာက္ဆုံး၌။
e.g.    1.We waited and waited for him, and at last he arrived. He made his appearance finally.
2. I have always wanted to be an actor. My dream has come true at last.

(ဦးခင္ေမာင္လတ္ ၏ Everyday Expressions in English စာအုပ္မွ ကူးယူေဖၚျပသည္)

No comments:

Post a Comment