အဂၤလိပ္သခၤန္းစာ (၂)

on Saturday, December 8, 2012

6=At least; in the minimum===အနည္းဆုံး
e. g.   1. Please writes to me at least once a month. Please write to me once a month in the    minimum.
2. You will need at least K 300/ for the trip. You will need not less than K 300.

7=At once; immediately===ခ်က္ျခင္း
e. g. He is seriously ill. Send for the doctor at once. We must call in the doctor immediately.

8=At times; sometimes=== တခါတခါ
e. g. 1.He is a good man at heart, but he can be very unreasonable at times. He is queer sometimes.
2. At times I feel that I must leave this place. I feel like that now and then.

9=At any rate; in any case===ဘယ္လိုပဲျဖစ္ျဖစ္
e. g. 1.Please come and see me if you can. At any rate I shall be seeing you at the department. I have to come to your department in any case.
2. Many people do not want Supplementary University examinations. At any rate the University Council has decided to do away with them. In any case they are to be stopped.

10=All the same===သို႕ေသာ္ျငားလည္း
e.g. 1.You offered to help me with my work. I do not need your help, but I thank you all the same.
2. You can pay me now or next week, it’s all the same to me. I do not mind whether you pay me now or next week. It makes no difference to me.

(ဦးခင္ေမာင္လတ္ ၏ Everyday Expressions in English စာအုပ္မွ ကူးယူေဖၚျပသည္။)

No comments:

Post a Comment