အဂၤလိပ္ သခၤန္းစာ (၃)

on Sunday, December 16, 2012

Unite 2
1===Be about to; Be on the point of; Be on the edge of===ေတာ့မလို႕
e. g. 1. I was about to go out when you called. (You called just before I went out.)
2. She was about to fall down when he caught he. She did not fall down because he had caught her.

2=Be better off; happier and more comfortable===အရင္ကထက္ အမ်ားႀကီး ပိုၿပီး ဟန္က်ေနတယ္
e. g. 1. I am glad that she left her old job. She is better off in the new place. She is happier and more comfortable in every way.
2. He is much better off now than he has ever been. He is in better circumstances and he is happier.

3===Be cut out for; cut out to be===မကိုက္ဘူး
e. g. 1. I am not cut out for this kid of job. I am not fit for this kid of job.
2. I am not cut out to be a doctor. I don’t think I can be a doctor. I don’t think I shall make a good doctor.

4== Be in charge of; take charge of; responsible for; တာ၀န္ရွိ/ယူတယ္။
e. g. 1. U Myo Min is in charge of the English department. He is head of the department.
2.  He takes charge of the department. He is responsible for the department.

5==Be in the way; be in one’s way===ကာဆီး ကာဆီးျဖစ္ေနတယ္
e. g. 1. When something is in your way, it blocks your path. It obstructs you: it stop your progress.  You can’t go on your way because of is. It causes inconvenience or difficulty.
2. The post of a clerk has fallen vacant. I wish to get that post, but Maung Ba is in the way. He has also applied for the post and he has better qualifications. Therefore he is in my way. He stands in my way.
(ဦးခင္ေမာင္လတ္ ၏ Everyday Expressions in English စာအုပ္မွ ကူးယူေဖၚျပသည္)

No comments:

Post a Comment