အဂၤလိပ္ သခၤန္းစာ (၇)

on Friday, March 1, 2013

6. Cheer up=အားေပးသည္။ နွစ္သိမ့္သည္။

1. He cheers up a bit when his favourite sister spoke to him. She succeeded in cheer him up. He seemed to feel better.

2. My friend took the news very badly. He was filled with sorrow. I did my best to cheer him up. But he refused to cheer up.

7. Come across=မေမ်ာ္လင့္ပဲေတြ႕သည္။

1. I was cleaning my room when I came across this old photograph.

2. I came across some interesting facts about Myanmar in that book.

8. Come to an end=ၿပီးဆုံးသည္။

1. The show came to an end at nine o’clock.

2. I thought the meeting would never come to an end.

9. Compare to=နွိဳင္းသည္။

1. The Burmese poet compares the face of his beloved to the moon.

2. Human life is compares to a bubble. Human life is likened to a bubble.

10=Compare with=ႏႈိင္းယွဥ္သည္။

i  1. If we compare U Ba with U Hla, U Ba is greater than U Hla.

  2. The Burmese are often compared with the Irish. The Burmese are often likened with the Irish.

(လူမ်ိဴးခ်င္း သို႕မဟုတ္ တူတာျခင္း ႏႈိင္းယွဥ္ေသာအခါ with ကို သုံးသည္။)

No comments:

Post a Comment