အဂၤလိပ္ သခၤန္းစာ (၆)

on Saturday, February 23, 2013

1. Care for= look after= ေစာင့္ေရွာက္သည္။

 The father cares for the family. It is his duty to look after them.

2. Carry on; continue= ဆက္လုပ္သည္။

1. I want to carry on the work although I am away. Will you promise to go on with it? The work must be continued at all costs.

2. The conversation was carried on in French. It was sometimes conducted in English.

3. Carry out=ေဆာင္ရြက္သည္။

1. As a soldier, I must carry out the order of my commander. I must get things done as directed.

2. Don’t worry. I will carry out my promise to help you.

4. Catch cold= အေအးမိသည္။

1. If you go out in this rain you will catch cold. You will become sick with a cold.

2. Some people catch cold more easily than others.

5. Catch up with= အမွီလိုက္သည္။

1. Even if you leave a few minutes earlier I can catch up with you, because I walk faster than you do.

2. I was absent from school for a week. I must work harder to catch up with the rest of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment