ႊအဂၤလိပ္ သခၤန္းစာ (၅)

on Saturday, February 16, 2013

1.  Be well off===ကုံလုံၾကြယ္၀ေသာ။

 (A) He owns a large house and a motor-car. I should think he is well off.

(B) U Hla is extremely well off and does not have a care in the world.

2. Beat about the bush==ေ၀လည္ေခ်ာင္ပတ္ေျပာသည္။

 (A) Don’t beat about the bush. Please come straight to the point.

(B) The speaker beats about the bush so much that no one knows exactly what he means to say.

3.  Believe in==ယုံၾကည္သည္။

 (A) I believe in discipline for the young and old. I think it is good for young and old to have discipline.

(B) I believe in rising early. It is a healthy habit.

4. Bring up==ႀကီးျပင္းေအာင္ ေမြးျမဴသည္။

(A) It is the duty of parents to bring up their children in right way.

(B) My mother died when I was a child and I was brought up by my grandmother. My grandmother brought up me.

5. Burst out== ရုတ္တရက္ ပြင့္ထြက္သည္

(A) The whole thing was so unexpected and amusing that we all burst out laughing.(၀ါးကနဲ ရယ္လုိက္ၾကသည္)

(B) The news was more than she could bear and she suddenly burst out crying. (ရုတ္တရက္ ငုိခ်သည္။)

No comments:

Post a Comment